Social Media is a Communications Platform
Use Social Media as a Communications Platform
This restaurant marketing tip is just advice and support for you to remember that Social Media is something that you use to communicate with people regularly. It’s a two way communication platform it's not a one way email blast.
The people who do well with this;
- Spend a lot of time on it.
- Get people to work on it properly.
- Don’t just blast information.
Some of the things you can do are blasts, that you send out. I've seen some restaurants do fantastic ‘Specials of the Day’, both in terms of meals and in terms of cocktails. Don’t just leave it at that, it really doesn't work and you’re not going to get people following you and staying as your friends and followers. You've got to be available to have a conversation with people or at least employ people to do so.
- Social Media is not for blasting out marketing messages.
- You or someone has to spend time on social media having conversations.
- You have to engage with social media EVERYDAY – preferably at least 3 times a day.
- You can double up by using the same message on Blogs, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Many of our clients use My Guest list for their social media communications.
It is not an email blast system. Social Media is for COMMUNICATION.