Staff Selling – 80 20 Rule
You've most likely heard of the Pareto Principle or the 80/20 Rule as it's more commonly known. It states that 80% of your results will come from 20% of your activity and it applies in all areas of life.
So, 80% of your marketing results will come from 20% of your marketing; 80% of your sales will come from 20% of your people (including you, as when you're on the floor talking about your food, desserts and drinks, you can upsell more than anyone!).
The thing to notice about this is that there are absolute stars within your team who do the “Best Selling”. Make sure you:
- Keep hold of these people.
- Reward them ABOVE people who can’t sell.
- Use these people as examples to teach other staff how to behave differently and raise their standards. Do little training sessions and role plays where your ‘stars’ teach others how to sell.
This is a great opportunity to raise your sales and you have the solution in your hands with the people who are doing very well already. So make sure, you utilise them and get those statistics moving in your favour and make sure that you make sales from everybody within your team.
- The Pareto Principle is also known as:
- It works in all areas of life and business.
- 80% of sales come from 20% of your staff.
- REWARD the 20% for their results.
- Train the 80% to model the strategies of the 20%.
- The 80 – 20 Rule or
- The law of the vital few and the trivial many.