Restaurant Marketing 80 20 Rule
80% of Results comes from 20% of your Marketing
In the previous restaurant marketing tips, you've probably heard me talk about the 80/20 rule or known as the Pareto Principle, which says that 80% of your results come from 20% of the things you do and that's true with marketing too.
I tend to believe that in marketing, there are no failures, only tests. Everything that we do is a test, we look at the results and then we tweak it, for improved results because you are getting great results or to maybe drop the marketing strategy because it's not working.
Remember 80% of the results, which you get in the year, so the sales results and the profits will come from 20% of what you do and I firmly believe that 20% is going to be your direct mail through the post office, not through email (some of it will come through email, but that’s more of the 20% and not the 80%.) Some of it will come from social media and sms, but 80% of your results will come from the 20% that you do, around celebrations, birthdays, anniversaries and cards in the mail.
- The Pareto Principle states that 80% of your results come from 20% of what you do.
- Therefore, 80% of your results come from the 20% of your marketing efforts!
- 80% of our clients results come from direct marketing to their database.
- The best strategy is POSTAL marketing.
- Email, sms, social media, make up the 20% of results.