The Importance of Client Surveys
Survey your Clients
Once you’ve got a great database, you can then survey that database and ask them what they want to buy from you. You may think that’s a crazy idea, but we have done this many times for many different restaurants and with great results.
We send out a survey saying something like “We are really interested in providing you with the kind of things that you want to experience at our restaurant”. We ask questions like:
- Are you interested in functions or parties?
- Catering at home?
- Would you be interested in attending wine matching dinners?
- Would you be interested in attending themed dinners?
- Would you be interested in attending cooking classes? .....
We ask quite a lot of questions and a lot of people answer because they have a really good relationship with the restaurant. This relationship is built up through the restaurant's consistent database marketing efforts.
Once we retrieve these answers we can 'slice and dice' the database. You can market directly to the database with the products they are interested in buying. For example, those people interested in functions can immediately be sent a direct marketing message about functions.
By doing this, we are directly marketing to customers with highly specific and targeted messages about products that interest them.
- This is a REPEAT BUSINESS Strategy.
- This only works when you have a RELATIONSHIP with your list.
- Bigger lists bring bigger results.
- With the right questions, you can learn what else they want to buy from you.
- When you act on their ideas - they feel ENGAGED with you and your business.
- Your marketing is more successful because it’s tightly focused.